Moksha is designed to be as flexible as possible when it comes to your editorial workflow. With this in mind, we have implemented several features which will make managing your slush pile much easier.
To control workflow in Moksha, visit your Submission Type and click “Edit.”
Click on the “Workflow” tab.
Moksha’s workflow features work as follows:
- New Submission Forwarding – With this feature enabled, new submissions can be automatically forwarded to a particular reader and set with a particular status. This could save you the step of having to “claim” stories, for example.
- New Submission Notifications – With this feature, you can notify readers when a new submission arrives. Additionally, you can send the new submission as an attachment to the reader’s email.
- Automatic Forwards – With this feature you can automatically forward a submission when its status changes. So for example, you could have all “recommended” submissions forwarded to Jane Q. Editor and all “not recommended” submissions forwarded to John P. Slusher.
- Rating System – With this system, you can have readers rate submissions on a scale of 1-10. The average rating will be automatically calculated and shown to readers.
- Rating Auto-Recommend – With this system enabled, you can automatically change the status of submissions based on a minimum rating threshold. So, for example, you can have all submissions rated greater than 7 be marked as “recommended.”
Moksha’s workflow options are designed to be very flexible, but since there are many options sometimes it’s nice to have a clear view of the workflow. Moksha has a “Workflow Map” feature, which lets you see how submissions move through the Moksha system. Go to your submission type and click on the “Workflow” tab. Then click on the “View Workflow Map” button.
With the combined use of the above features, Moksha allows you to be as flexible as possible with your workflow, while simplifying common tasks as much as possible.