Sometimes a publisher may want to close submissions to the public and only allow submissions from a select group of people, e.g. solicited authors, using a private URL. Moksha enables you to do that.
To enable Private Submissions, please follow these instructions:
- Visit your Publication’s main page and click “Edit” to switch into edit mode.
- On the “General Info” tab, set “Enable Private Submissions” to “Yes”.
- Make sure to click “Save Publication” to save your changes.
Under “Enable Private Submissions” you will see a “Private Submissions URL”. E.g.:
This is the URL people will use to submit privately. You can also find this URL on the main Publication information page.
A few important notes:
- If the main publication or submission type is closed, users will still be able to submit to the publication using the private URL if private submissions are enabled.
- If you wish to change the private submissions URL, click “Regenerate key” under “Enable private submissions” to create a new private URL. The 6-character code will change.
- If the private key (embedded in the URL) is incorrect, users will not be able to submit.
Once you generate the private URL, you can share this link for selected persons to use even when the main publication or submission type(s) are closed to the public.