Moksha allows you to send bulk rejections, that is, you can reject multiple submissions at once to save you time.
First, to send bulk rejections, you will need to enable the bulk reject permission in your profile, or the user’s profile for who you would like to allow the sending of bulk rejections. Edit the user profile, and on the Permissions tab, set “Can bulk-reject submissions” to “YES”. Then Save the profile.
Now, you will need to select the submissions you wish to reject. To do this, go to the submissions index page, and filter the submissions you wish to reject by using the Advanced Search. For example, you might want to reject all stories with a rating less than 7.
You will also want to search for only one submission type for reasons which will be explained below.
With the bulk-reject permission enabled, when you click the “Bulk Actions” button (the top right area of the submissions list), you will see the “Reject” button.
Click the “Reject” button. A pop-up window will allow you to choose the following options:
- The submission type you wish to reject.
- The form letter to be used.
- Whether to send the rejection emails immediately or at some future date.
Some important things to consider before clicking the Reject Submissions button
- Only open submissions will be marked rejected.
- Only submissions belonging to the selected submission type will be rejected. If you have more than one submission type in your current view you must bulk reject those submissions separately.
- These rejections will use only the form letter selected. Make sure you have selected the correct form letter.
- Closed submissions and those belonging to a different submission type will be ignored.
Once you have confirmed your selections, click the “Reject Submissions” button. Your submissions will be marked rejected immediately. And the emails will be scheduled to send immediately or at the chosen future date.
A note about rejection emails
- If you opt to send emails immediately, the emails will be scheduled to send right away, but they may take a few minutes to go out. Typically they will be sent in under ten minutes.
- If you opt to send emails at a future date and time, you can always view the scheduled emails in your user profile under the “Delayed Responses” tab.
- Submission status will show to authors as “in progress” until all pending emails have been sent.
Using the bulk-reject feature is a great way to save you time.