Sometimes you might wish to limit the number of submissions you receive based on certain criteria. Moksha lets you do this via its “Submission Throttling” feature. In Moksha, you can limit submissions in the following ways:
- After a submission is closed, force authors to wait a certain number of days before they can submit again.
- Users will see a warning message telling them they must wait X day(s) before submitting again.
- Default: no limit
- Limit the number of submissions a person can submit at one time.
- Users will see a warning message letting them know that they are only allowed to submit X submission(s) at one time.
- Default: one submission at a time
- Limit the number of total submissions that can be received.
- The submission type or publication will automatically close when this limit is reached.
- Default: unlimited
- Allow/disallow identically titled submissions.
- If allowed, users will see an optional warning message asking them to confirm. If there is no warning message set, the submission will be accepted.
- Default: not allowed
Moksha allows you to throttle submissions for a publication, or by individual submission types. If Submission Throttling is enabled for a publication, this overrides any child submission type throttling settings. If you wish to have custom throttling settings for each submission type, then you must turn off throttling settings for their parent publication.
To find the throttling settings for a publication
Click on “Publications” from the menu, then choose your publication. Click the “Edit” button and scroll down to “Throttling Settings.” Click the “+” to open the menu, and choose “Yes” to turn on the submission throttling settings and see the options:
To find the throttling settings for a submission type
Click on “Publications” from the menu, then choose your publication. Choose/click on the submission type. Click the “Edit” button and scroll down to “Throttling Settings.” Click the “+” to open the menu, and choose “Yes” to turn on the submission throttling settings and see the options: