Sometimes you may wish to give authors the ability to leave a comment on their submission, just as readers can. To do this, first you must enable Author Comments in your Submission Type:
- Visit your Submission Type and click on the “Edit” button at the top-right to go into edit mode.
- On the General tab, scroll down to Author-Facing Settings, and set “Allow author comments” to YES.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom.
Now, when an author (who has submitted to this Submission Type) visits their submission status page, they will see a “Leave a comment” button that enables them to leave a comment on their submission.
When an author leaves a comment, the following people are notified via email:
- The author themselves
- The reader who has been assigned the submission, if any
- If no reader is assigned, then the Submission Type editor(s) are notified
- Any readers who are following comments on this submission
- When the submission is marked closed, authors can no longer leave a comment
- Authors can see all their comments on their status page, but no one else’s
- Author comments are marked and highlighted on the submission page
- Authors are limited to two comments every twenty-four hours