Sometimes you may wish to send respond to authors at a date and time different from when you actually review the submission. For example, you may wish to send out all rejection and acceptance notices on a specific date. Moksha enables you to do that. To enable this feature, please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to your Submission Type and click “Edit” to switch into edit mode.
- Click on the Delayed Responses tab and set the option to “Yes”, then make sure to click “Save.”
- Now, when you contact an author (via the Reject, Rewrite, Accept, or Contact buttons), you will see a new option to “Send Later.” When this is set to “Yes” you will be presented with an option to select the future date and time you want the email to be sent:
- To save you time, the default send date and time will be set to the last Delayed Email you have sent. In this way, you can schedule many emails to all go out at one time.
You can always view the scheduled Delayed Emails in three ways:
- Via the single Submission page. The scheduled email will be highlighted in yellow, and users visiting this page will be shown a warning that the submission has a pending email:
- Via the Submission Type information page. Visit your Submission Type and click on the Delayed Responses tab. A clickable link showing the number of scheduled emails will be displayed:
- Via your Reader Profile page. Visit your Reader Profile page and click on the Delayed Responses tab. A clickable link showing the number of scheduled emails will be displayed:
Readers have permission to cancel sending their scheduled emails. In addition, the editor of each Submission Type also has permission to cancel any pending emails for that submission type. Pending emails can be canceled by clicking the “Delete” button or the “X” button, depending on the view.
Note: if a submission has a delayed response scheduled to be sent, its status will show as “in progress” until the email is sent.